Thursday 19 February 2015

Brighton Etsy Team Bloghop


I was recently nominated by Kate of Oh Someday Jewellery for our newly started Brighton Etsy Team Blog Hop. You can read Kate's post here. All participants are answering the same questions and the aim is to discover more about our favourite shops and sellers and allow our blog readers to find out more about us.
Me and Noodles by Andy Rouse

My name is Jackie and along with my trusty sidekick, Noodles the Welsh Terrier, I run Forever Foxed. We make terrier-inspired cards and gifts.

What inspired you to start your business or Etsy shop?
Watson and Jackson, our first rescue Wire Fox Terriers, were the inspiration behind Forever Foxed. They were a joy to draw and my first greeting card collection centred around them.
Jackson by Paul Mendlesohn


For a while, Jackson had his own blog and lots of terrier pals around the world, many of whom were my original customers.

Later, I began to sketch other dogs we met on our travels and our range grew to include most terrier breeds. I discovered Etsy by accident, back in 2008 when I was looking for a handmade business card holder. It seemed the logical place to open a shop and reach customers worldwide.

We're looking at goals in the Brighton Etsy team this month, can you share one of your goals for your shop for the next six months?

I would like to increase my product range and strengthen my web presence. I currently use all the regular social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram etc, but would like to use them more effectively for marketing.
Dog Art Print - Terrier Print - Pet Lover Gift - Illustration - Beard - Free UK Delivery
I Like Dogs with Beards by Forever Foxed
I recently revived this blog and aim to turn it into a hub of news, information and photographs about my favourite terrier breeds. With a little bit of promotion for Forever Foxed too, of course.

What are you working on at the moment?
I'm currently designing a new range of terrier prints and more screenprinted notebooks. I really enjoy hand printing and getting messy with ink.

If you could give other sellers or someone looking to start their own design/craft business one  piece of advice, what would you say?
Make good use of all the free social media tools to promote your work and don't underestimate how long it takes to build a successful business. Join a community of other designers (such as the Brighton Etsy Team) and don't be afraid of asking for help. But most importantly, follow your dream.

I'd like to nominate Katrine Boyten, Knitwit Designs and Anna Liversidge for this challenge.
 
The Etsy Brighton Team blogroll is here, happy reading :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely post! Your terriers are beautiful :)
Kate (Oh Someday)

Elizabeth Anne Norris said...

Lovely post Jackie. Can't wait to see your new products.

Unknown said...

Great post Jackie, really enjoyed reading and I'll be keeping your tips in mind :)

Kate (Actually, I Do)

Unknown said...

Lovely to discover you via the blog hop. I agree about the social media profiles - I've made some great connections via the various platforms. Good luck with your making journey! x